Friday, February 10, 2006

Another Trip up "The Wall"

I was debating on wether to do a tempo workout or a hill workout for most of the day. I'm not a big fan of tempo workouts and I realy enjoy running the hills of Manayunk so, again, the hills won.

I was out the door at 5:45 on cool night and I at first regretted wearing shorts. The first couple of miles were pretty cold but by the time I had gotten to the top of "The Wall" in I was plenty warmed up. I headed down Green Lane and looped around the Fountain Street steps onto Umbria. Headed across Leverington, up over Churchview, down Terrace and up the Shurs/Pechin hill. I have run this route or a similar route several times in the last couple months but I felt especially strong last night. I kept up a good pace on the hills and wasn't totally spent by the top. I seemed to get stronger with each incline.

I added on a few extra miles by heading all the way down Ridge and then up School House lane. At this point I was really cruising and decided to add on a another 3/4 miles once I got to Henry ave. All told it was a 9 mile run in 69 minutes. A faster pace than I expected on a demanding workout. All this Hill rtunning should have me in tip top shape for the Ugly Mudder. I just hpe it doesn't totally humble me.

1 comment:

ian said...

Welcome to the world of pointless running blogging. Impressive, that post about not finding your watch when it was on your wrist. See you soon...