Thursday, February 23, 2006

Roxborough Loop

It was a cool and humid last night in Philly and for some reason I really like running in this kind of weather. You exhale large plumes of smoke with every breath and when your cooling down on your front steps afterwards the mist slowly rises off your shoulders and over your head.

I headed out on a loop that I only occasionally do. I really enjoy running it so maybe I should change it from occasional to often. It's a slow uphill trek for the first half of the loop. I stick to the small side streets just east of Ridge avenue, and cut through some malls and cemeteries. Its about 4 miles out to the trun around point just past Shawmont ave and then I head back. Whatever goes up must come down and the second half of this run on Ridge Avenue is awesome. It's slightly downhill almost the entire way so you end up cruising along and feeling great. Ridge avenue can also get quite busy along some stretches and I enjoy dodging cars and people on the way home.

I took it easy the entire way and finished very comfortably for 8.2 miles in 64 minutes. My best run in a week or so.

No comments: