Monday, February 06, 2006

Hungover and Windy

After a lot of Super Bowl partying I was feeling tired and out of it the entire day. As long as I don't have a headache a run can help alleviate some of this feeling so I headed out the door for 6. It was sunny and windy, the sun was low in the sky as I headed out the Manyunk Canal Towpath. From my house to the end of the path is just over a 5K so the loop is a solid 10K.

The run felt great, it was just how I pictured it before I headed out the door. Slow and easy, cruising along a barren towpath, my body casting a long shadow across the grouond. I was totally zoned out during the run, miles passed by without me really looking up from the ground. I searched for my watch before heading out the door and couldn't find it. It wasn't until 5 miles into the run that I realized it was on my wrist. I must have put it on without realizing it. That is ZONED OUT. I had a good laugh at myself.

I don't often tack miles onto the end of my runs, if I head out the door with 6 miles in mind, chances are that's what I am going to run. However, today I had a lot on my mind, I was feeling good, and running is a great time to think things over. I added 2 miles onto the end of the run for a even 8 in 64 minutes.

A note: I signed up for the "Ugly Mudder" a trail run out near Reading PA. Many people from the running group are doing it and I've heard so many stories about how it is 7 miles of hell. So why not sign up? Should be good.

No comments: