Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Splinter Group

I have been running with the Philly Runner crew for close to a year now and a normal Tuesday run with them is a 4.5-5 mile run out and back on Kelly Drive. Beginning this year a few of us started longer 7-10 mile runs through Fairmount Park with not only the intention of getting a longer run in but also avoiding the "Drives" at all costs. Three miles into our run last night I realized that the splinter group has grown to 11. How awesome is that.

The group held together pretty well and we kept up a decent pace of about 7:45. I felt great again. I really have been enjoying just about every run lately. I don't know if it is the distance, my fitness, the pace, the routes or the company. Maybe it is a mix of everything. In any case if we keep this up we'll all be in some kick ass shape heading into the spring. Bring on Caesar Rodney and the Broad Street!!

No comments: