Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Another Tuesday night and another run with the group. Ian, Alex and I took the lead for the evening and kept up a nice pace 2.5 miles out to the turn around. I was a little zoned out for whatever reason on this run. My mind would concentrate on the conversation that the three of us were having and then wander off on it's own for a while.

The weather was warm, to warm for mid-November and I really hope it takes a turn to chillier temps. We got a little taste of cold weather but since then things have been way above normal. It's November, a month away from Christmas and it should be cold dammit. I'll try not to look back at this post in mid-February when I am cursing the cold weather.

My calf felt fine, though a little tight, and a couple days rest seemed to do it good. I'll Keep it fairly easy for the rest of the week and then hit some harder runs again next week. I'll be sure to go a little easier on the hills until I can build up some strength and confidence.

I ran into Heather heading the other direction on our return trip to the Art Museum. She was late to the run and rather than have her do the whole thing alone, turned around and finished the run up with her. 5.5 miles in 42 minutes.

My dedication to run this week seems to be wandering a bit like my mind was on this run. Maybe I need a couple more easy weeks before I really get back into any regimented training. I am not going to sweat it and just run how I feel for a little while. If I want to do a hard workout I will, I won't make it a scheduled thing.

1 comment:

ian said...

maybe your mind was wondering because one of the guys you were running with was blabbing inane nonsense. i'm not talking about Alex.

by the way, i've had problems with calf tightness on and off, and i've started using these "tiger balm patches" they sell at drug stores. you just put them right on where the soreness or tightness is, and leave it on for a few hours. it really loosens things up.