Friday, November 10, 2006

It's Friday! I always feel a little less motivated at work on Friday, knowing the weekend is so close. There is often a lot of bullshit meetings that seem to break up the work day and just when I am getting some momentum going on a project I have to head off to a conference room for one stupid meeting or another. It looks like I have one coming up in 15 minutes so that should give me plenty of time to write this up.

My approach to running for the remainder of the year is to really dedicate myself to two hard workouts each week. Hills, Track, Tempo, or Fartlek. I'll put everything I have into these and the remainder of the week will just be easy miles. This is definitely nothing new to the world of running. I think it is the standard routine for many competitive runner out there. I just have never really stuck to it and now I'm going to.

That made the Tuesday and Thursday night runs with the group easy runs.

Tuesday was 5 on Kelly drive. I ran a little harder than I would have liked on the way out. Averaging 7:15 pace but I tried to make up for it on the way back by slowing myself and others I was running with down below 7:30 pace. It didn't work so well. 5 miles in 36 minutes. Everything felt good.

Wednesday was another trip to gym. Enough said.

Thursday an easy 7 with the group. Familiar routes through Fairmount Park hitting Lansdowne, Belmont, Belmont Mansion, and MLK back to the Art Muesum. It was all at a very relaxed 8:00 pace. That is until the last 1/4 mile when I tried to catch up to Alex/Ian/Mike who had pick up the pace with about 1/2 mile to go. I started bridging the gap at tempo pace but was just about sprinting by the time we got back to the museum. It's always fun to end these runs with a duel back to the Art Museum. 7.3 miles in 59 minutes.

This means that tonight will need to be a hard workout. A tough hill route through Manayunk should do the trick.

No comments: