Friday, November 03, 2006

The Thursday night crew was down to just Jenn and I last night. We had an easy run along the normal routes in Fairmount Park. I am still getting adjusted to running in the dark in the evenings. It awlays feels like it is 9:00 when it is really just 6:30.

Last night was the first time I really have felt really smooth on a run since the marathon. I think this has to do more with getting over this cold then recovery but I was happy. 6.8 miles in 55 minutes. It really seemed that we were moving faster than this but physics doesn't lie. So 8 minute miles it is, I am no rush.

1 comment:

seebo said...

John, in response to your comments about weight training a few posts ago, i'll describe what works for me.

after each run, i do 3 sets of reps of either bench presses or another upper body exercise (don't know the name). it only adds 10 minutes to my running time and lets my upper body at least keep up with my lower body and abs. if i did any more i wouldn't do it regularly.

so nowadays the workout isn't complete unless i run, lift and blog.