Thursday, November 02, 2006

I ran one of my old routes near my parents house last night. It's 1 mile from their house to a 2.5 mile loop around Lincoln Highschool and a section of Pennypack Park. I must have circled this thing 100's of times my first couple years of running. I decided to jump off of the loop and take a trip over to Father Judge Highschool, my alma mater, for a quick circuit of the track.

The track was unlit and was close to needing resurfacing. I ran around it once and headed back to my parents. Hills that were challenging on this loop years back now seemed a little shallower and a little shorter. I also completed the run in less time than it has ever taken me in the past without really pushing. You can really notice the increase in your fitness when you haven't run somewhere in a long time.

6 miles in 42 minutes.

No comments: