Monday, November 27, 2006

Track 2

It's been 3 weeks since my last trip to the track but even this is a little better consistency than anything I've done in the past. My last time out I ran an 1x800, 2x1200, and 1x800. I told myself I would run 3x1200 my next time out so that was the goal tonight.

Felt pretty good on the trip over and continued my warm up with a couple easy laps. Hit my first 800 in 2:54, right on target.

400 meter cool down and then a 1200 in 4:19 a little quicker than the 4:21 I was shooting for but barely.

600 cool down and then a second 1200 in 4:18. Pushing a good bit at the end of this one and 3rd 1200 was gonna be tough. I compromised by running an 800 meter cool down before my third.

I came through the 800 with over 3 seconds to make up on the final lap and gave it all I had to get to 4:21, on target again. I was happy to hit my goal and cruised a few cool down laps before heading home. I feel I have gained a little knowledge about this track stuff over the past couple trips and hopefully I can keep it up.

It does make me a little nervous that 87 second laps are such a struggle. It translates into about a 5:48 mile and I just don't think I should have such a hard time running them. However maybe this is the reason I need to continue going. A small increase each trip will add up over a couple months.

No comments: