Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Got My New Shoes On

I decided to take Monday off. I felt decent but I had run a lot of miles from Thursday through Sunday and figured I'd take a day off.

Last night I slipped on some fancy new racing flats that Heather got me for Christmas. I was not planning on racing any miles but I wanted to give them a spin to see how they felt. I've tried a few different pairs of racing flats and have yet to find a pair that I like. These however, felt good and perhaps they were giving me a boost because I was trying to keep things around 7:30 but every mile came in at 7:16-17. I'm sure it wasn't actually the shores but just that I felt good.

I timed my arrival to the group run almost perfectly and they started running about a minute after I arrived. I fell into pace with a new guy who I have run with before but I can't remember his name. He's a triathlete that is pretty good at running as we were having a conversation at 7:00 pace. We were joined by a few more guys as we approached the turn around and I was wishing I could return to the Art Museum with the group instead of continuing home.

I did continue on, slipping my headphones back over my ears and continuing the CD I am currently addicted to, Sky Blue Sky by Wilco. Almost 11 miles in 1:19.

No comments: