Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm in the Mood...

...to run. Something I haven't felt in a while, just the urge to get out there and run some longer miles. Nothing forced, or because I feel like I need to. Miles just because it feels good to run.

I solicited a long running partner for Saturday morning and realized my options have dwindled to two people, Seebo and Steve K. Two great people to run with but still only two. I got one taker and met Seebo at the group run after putting in a little over three miles. Seebo had a Bloody Nipple Route in mind and it sounded good to me. This run really cruised by and I felt more like we were hanging out than actually putting in miles. The pace stayed in the mid 7 range and after finishing I felt great. 13.4 miles in 1hr 42min. My longest run since the marathon.

Sunday, Heather and I ran about 6 miles in a damp but fairly warm for the winter, Wissahickon Park. I was feeling good and decided to continue on for around 4 more miles through Manayunk, getting in a couple hills. The pace was easy with Heather and I tried to keep things around 7:30 after that. 9.7 miles in 1hr 19min.

I broke 40 miles for the first time since early November. I hope to build on that in teh coming weeks.

No comments: