Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Running Easy

I again ran a Roxborough loop this morning and along the way in Manayunk I was joined by Lee. Having someone to meet for a run in the morning is a huge motivator to get out of bed. It was cloudy and the sun took a little longer to brighten the sky than yesterday but the temps were a few degrees higher and there was less wind.

Overall it was good run to add on to a string of very good runs. This is the best my legs have felt in a while. Most likely because every run is an easy run. On only a few occasions in the last 6 weeks have I dipped below 7:20 pace. It reminds me of the winter of 2005 when I ran nearly every run at or around 8:00 pace but still had a 61 minute Broad Street run in the spring, a 4 minute PR. I don't expect to have a huge fitness gain running an easy 50 miles a week but it will be a good base for faster run that are sure to come later in February and March.

No comments: