Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Small Week

I'm watching a great NFC championship game. 20-20 in the 4th, you can't beat that. Let's go Brett.

Saturday - I was planning on a 6 mile trail run but I cut the trail portion short after 3.5 miles and ended running only 42 minutes. With all the twists and turns it was tough route to measure and I really couldn't tell how fast I was but it was definitely a reserved pace. So I'll call it 5.2 miles. Just didn't feel to good during this one.

Sunday - whew the winter is in full effect all of a sudden. Temps never got out of the 20's all day. As is my Sunday morning routine I pushed off the morning run and decided to run later in the day. Errands, packing for the move, football games, and several other excuses found me sitting on the couch at 6:00 pm having not run a mile. The thought of heading out into a 19 degree windy night for a run wasn't appealing and I decided to go to the climate controlled gym for a swim.

Couldn't find my rhythm in the pool at first but I didn't way to get out of the pool after only 20 minutes without feeling like a slacker. I just kept going, mixing in some faster laps and soon was gliding along. Swimming is such a different workout from a run, almost totally an upper body thing.

I pushed things to 40 laps which is officially my furthest swim at 1.25 miles in about 40 minutes. Woo hoo. I now only felt slightly like a slacker for not running.

The week. A measly 19.6 miles in 3 runs plus a long swim. Not a great week but considering the nasty cold it's OK.

No comments: