Friday, January 04, 2008

Morning Repeat

This morning was almost a mirror of yesterday with slightly less wind. I got out the door at exactly the same time, 6:10, and again ran the 6.5 miles in 48 minutes. The sun is just starting to brighten the horizon when I get home and I think it will be cool to see it getting brighter as the weeks go on. Of course I will have to continue to run in the mornings for this to become reality.

My thoughts have turned to spring racing and trying to decide what I am training for. It's nice to run just for the sake of staying in shape but a goal race makes getting out there in the cold much easier. I am leaning now towards a half marathon sometime in April as a goal race. I am going to miss the Caesar Rodney Half marathon in March because of vacation so I was thinking something a little further out and a lot flatter.

I am hoping that a good half marathon may qualify me for the NYC marathon and allow me to bypass the lottery system. However, I am not sure what the qualifying time is in 2008. Last year it was a 1:23 but in 2005 it was a 1:21. The first is definitely a possibility the latter may be doable but much more difficult. I assume they vary it from year to year but I couldn't find any info about 2008. We'll see.

No comments: