Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cruising

I went back into the Wissahickon last night. Now that the days are longer this has become my preferred running spot. It's such a good break from the traffic and concrete on the majority of my runs.

I took the trailhead at the top of my block up to the Valley Green Restaurant. The first couple miles I didn't feel so hot but after that things loosened up and I realy got into a groove. I passed a lot of people on the trails and that always motivates me to keep up my speed and my form on the run.

Turned around at Valley green and took Forbidden Drive back to my place. I was really cruising through this portion. The miles were ticking off at 6:50-7:00 pace and I didn't feel like I was pushing it. I was kind of on autopilot, just putting one foot in front of the other and enjoying some acoustic Pearl Jam on my Ipod. It was a great run. I am not positive about the distance but I'll call it 8.5 miles in 61 minutes.

No comments: