Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Lohan Effect

Another Tuesday night run with the group. I got there a bit early and warmed up for a mile or so. The warm-up quickly melted away as the run started the official 15 minutes later than it should. I really don't mind the delay though, it gives everybody a chance to chat and bitch about the delay.

I got several ribs about how I was running last Tuesday from a few guys and I was hoping to do the same thing again tonight. Start of with a medium pace mile and then really hit it for the final four. We headed down toward Lloyd Hall and I saw LL running up to join the group. When I saw him I was thinking two things "Sweet, this is really gonna turn into a fast run." and "Shit, this is really going to turn into a fast run"

The pace quickly picked up. LL, Kev J and I cruised through mile 2, into a headwind, in 6:26. I felt better than I had last week at the same pace with no wind. We turned around at the 2.5 mark and the mile 3 came in at 6:06. I was definitely pushing at this point but couldn't believe the time on my watch. I mentioned to LL that I wanted to slow down and we relaxed slightly but mile 4 still came in at 6:12. I pushed for the final mile up to the Art Museum, a 5:57! I don't really remember ever running a sub 6 in training before, this might be a first.

5 miles in 31:46, my quickest to date with the Tuesday night group. It was also within 30 secs of my 5 mile PR set at the Frosbite Five Miler in February which required a lot more effort. Having LL as a rabbit definitely is a big help for speed. I can't help but wonder who in the hell could be his rabbit.

No comments: