Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter on the Beach

On Saturday evening I went down my parents house in Southern Jersey for Easter. They live 6-7 miles from Margate and on Sunday afternoon Heather and I were able to sneak a run in along the beach. This was my first real beach run.

The weather was cool and comfortable with a light breeze coming in off the calm ocean. It was close to low tide and we stayed on the more compact, easy to run on, sand near the water. The hotels of Atlantic City could be seen to the north and we headed that way. We ran about 3 miles up to the AC boardwalk and then took a stroll on the boards. It was surprisingly crowded for a Easter Sunday and we looked a little out of place in out sweaty running clothes. We took in the sights and sounds for about a half mile before returning to the beach for the run back. All told about 6-6.5 miles in 55 minutes. I never really felt great during the run but I never really felt bad, just kind of neutral.

I hope to do a little more beach running this spring and throuh the summer.

No comments: