Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm Ron Burgundy?

My legs were a bit achey all day yesterday so I decided to skip the run and head out for a bike ride. I took my mountain bike out on Kelly drive for a ride around the loop and back.

It was a beautiful spring evening so Kelly Drive was packed with runners, bikers, and bladers. I didn't expect to be able to keep up much of a pace and I was right. I just took it slow and enjoyed the day. MLK on the return wasn't as near as crowded and I moved along at a steady 19mph for most of the way. My lungs were keeping up just fine but by the time I reached Falls bridge, my legs weren't to happy. This is what happens when it is only your second bike ride in 9 months.

Got back to my house for 12 miles in about 40 minutes.

Today my legs feel back to normal and I'm looking forward to a run with the group tonight.

No comments: