Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Riding the Singletrack

Took my moutain bike out for a spin yesterday evening. The termperature was perfect and the wind was very light, great for riding. I cruised down west river to the Strawberry Mansion Bridge and then road up the hill into Fairmount Park. I quickly found some dirt trails. They were all single track, winding back and forth along I-76. I love the contrast of the wooded trail and a traffic filled highway.

I am almost completely new to all of the trails in this section of the park and it was great not knowing what was going to come up next. I'll have to spend a good bit more time in here on my bike and on my feet over the summer.

I eventually ended up crossing the river at Girard and then up and down Lemon Hill. Bumped into Jim at the Art Museum and then Craig on Kelly Drive. 16.5 miles in 80 minutes, a nice relaxing pace on a beautiful day. We really have been spoiled with spectacular weather in Philly lately.

No comments: