Tuesday, July 25, 2006

After only running 8 miles over the weekend I was really hoping Monday would turn into a good workout. The weather cooperated, around 80 and not to humid when I headed out the door at 7:00 pm. My legs also cooperated, they were feeling great after a week of 40 miles and from the start I felt like it was going to be a good run.

A run up Forbidden Drive. 1.5 mile warm up, then 2.5 miles at tempo pace of around 6:20. I had to push it a bit to keep up the pace but things went smoothly. Then 3 miles of easy pace during which which I really got into a rythym and I was easily ticking off 7:10 miles. The return included another 2.5 miles of tempo pace which took a lot less effort than the way out. Ended with 1.5 miles of cool down which again just wanted to come at a low 7's pace. 11 miles in 77 minutes. Best workout in a couple weeks. It's amazing how much better a little drop in humidity can make you feel. To bad it isn't going to last.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»