Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Catching Up

I guess I am behind a few runs,

Friday:

Went out with Heather on a route that the Wissahickon Wanderers used in their summer trail series. A nice trail run with varied terrain and just enough hills to make you work. Running it at an easy pace was much more enjoyable then it was while racing it. 5.2 miles in 45 minutes.

Saturday:

I actually made it up for an 8:00 run starting in front of the Art Museum with Erin, Seebo, Ian, Jim, and E-mike. A trip out to Mt Moriah cemetery and back to the Art Museum. Ian and I tacked a few miles onto the end of the run by going over Lemon Hill and then back on West River. I remember hoping that Ian wasn't going to pick up the pace on West River, running faster once we got on West River and then just trying to hold on as we hit the last 1.5 miles in about 6:30 pace. Many times I wanted to stop during that last bit but I was able to hold on. A little over 14 miles in 1hr 48 minutes.

I find myself recovering more easily from these longish type runs now. 10-14 mile runs seemed like long runs in the past but now they are becoming routine.

Sunday:

I was fairly hungover from a long Saturday night and held off running until the evening. I almost bagged the run but was able to get out the door with Heather for about 4 miles. Once I was running I felt much better and sort of wanted to keep going but decided against it.

56.3 miles for the week and on track with my marathon training.

Monday:

A hot ass day, maybe the hottest day of the summer. Delayed my run till the sun was setting and left my house at 8:30 for an out and back along Kelly Drive to the Art Museum.

Things felt great from the start and easily fell into 7:15-7:30 pace. Ran into Craig at the water fountain and we ran together the remainnder of the way to the Art Museum. Despite the heat I was feeling great on the return trip too and the miles were ticking off at 7:15 pace. One of those days where you feel like you could just keep going like this for miles.

3/4 mile from home I got a pain in my left foot. It is an odd thing that striks me every once in a while and not only on runs, sometimes just walking around. One step it isn't there and the next it is, like I hit a nerve in my foot. Just a small spot behind my toes, feel almost like I have a lump in my sock but with more pain. It only hurts when I put pressure on it so it forces me to run on the inside of my foot.

I hobbled along with an altered gait for about another half-mile and then just decided to walk the remainder. I went from a running high to a running low in about 3 minutes. 10 miles in 77 minutes, including the walk.

I barely feel it today and I think things should be fine for a run tonight. I just hope it doesn't become a more frequent problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»