Friday, July 21, 2006

Wednesday night I squeezed an easy 4 before heading out to dinner for the night. I really don't like squeezing in runs because I am a bit obsessive about the time if I need to be somewhere and it forces me to constantly think about how far along I am in the run. 4 miles in 30 minutes.

Thursday night I skipped the run with the Thursday Nighters and decided to head out after sunset when the temperatures would be low enough for a good workout. 5 miles down to the Art Museum at 7:30 pace and then 8 repeats up the Art Museum steps. There happened to be few other guys doing reps up the steps too. It made for a little competition and a better workout.

I was a little drained on the way back but I kept the miles under 8 minute pace and took the long way back to my house about 11.5 miles in 80 minutes.

Friday a DNR :(. My legs felt good all day today depsite a tougher workout last night. I kept postponing the run because of a ton of errands and things around the house. Before I knew it 10:30 had rolled around and the run just never happened. I had a 20 day streak going that has come to end.

The remainder of the weekend involves a large 30th b-day party. I know I'll get in a few Saturday morning. Sunday might be a little tough but we'll see.

A bit of a drop back week for me, I don't expect to break 50 miles and I'll really be surprised if I hit 45. Not the worst thing considering the past three weeks have been my highest mileage to date but I really need to come back the following week with some quality workouts and a good long run on the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»