Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Driving to the group run yesterday eveing I knew it wasn't going to be a good run. My legs were tired from Monday's run and the heat/humidity was approaching unbearable.

A 7:07 first mile was faster than I could handle and I dropped off the lead pack into 7:30 pace, something that was sustainable with a a lot of mental effort. I caught up to Jenn near the turn around and I just stick with her the rest of the way. I don't think she knew it but she definitely pulled me through that run. 5 sweaty miles in 37 minutes. I was actually surprised that I had completed it that quickly.

The highlight of the evening was the storm that blew in after run. The walk back to my car was filled with swaying trees, falling branches, and dirt being blasted into my eyes by the wind. I was seriously nervous about a branch breaking and cruching me on it's way down. Perfect calm had turned into one of the windiest storms I have ever seen in about 5 minutes. When I began my drive home the thermometer in my car read 90. When I got home about 12 minutes later it read 81. WOW.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»