Thursday, July 27, 2006

Happy Trails

Hit the trails in the Wissahickon Park last night. All day at work I was lookng forward to this run and I wasn't disappointed.

Things were a little stiff for the first mile but once I loosened up the miles came easy. I didn't push to hard but didn't take it easy either. I was in that sweet spot in between for most of the run.

The first 4 miles were a familiar route and I decided to tack on a couple more before heading back. The trails eventually dumped me onto Forbidden Drive where I had a 5 miles to go back to my house and I was already almost at an hour of running. A little further than I had anticipated but I was really feeling good so I just went with it.

Heather was out on her own run and I caught up to her with about 1/2 mile to go. I finished in 1:32 for about 12 miles. Good stuff. I just hope I am not paying for an 11 and a 12 miler later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»