Friday, March 03, 2006

A Good Thursday Group

I was just about to go to the gym last night and decided to take a glance at the Philly Runners message board to see if there was any plans for a dreary Thursday run. A good group had planned a run so I got my ass in gear to get to the Art Museum to make the start. Alex, Jenn, Marita, Jim, Bear made a good sized group for a crappy night.

We headed out Spring Garden and behind the zoo eventually arriving at the top of S. Georges hill and then headed back. We kept an even 8:00 pace and made sure to hit Lemon Hill on the way back to Kelly drive. I am still a little bit sore from the race on Sunday but I should be fine by the weekend.

I'm only at 16 miles so far this week due to taking Monday and Tuesday off. I guess I should run a little longer on Saturday morning to make up the miles but I am not sure if a long run will effect my performance at the half marathon the followoing weekend. It's not really a goal race so I think I'll put in the miles. I haven't done any run over 12 miles since the marathon in November.

No comments: