Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Short Splinter

I am in a mini taper for the half mary this weekend so I decided to only do the normal 5 miles with the group instead of heading out for 9 miles with the "splinter group". However, after some coercion from a few members of the splinter group I was soon on my way over Spring Garden and behind the zoo. We were off to do 9 miles which I didn't real want to do after the 7 miles yesterday. Also, my heart was set on some cold beers and warm food at the Bishop's Collar after the run. Craig was running with us and he also wanted to head out after the run so together we pulled off from the group at Belmont Ave and headed back to the Art Museum in time to meet up with everybody who had done the out and back on Kelly Drive.

A little over 5 miles in 42 minutes, another slow and relaxing run. There were a few faces I haven't seen in a long while out at the run and I hope this is a sign that the spring will bring a lot of people back out.

No comments: