Friday, March 10, 2006

Warm Weather

I had originally planned to run 9 miles with a few guys from the group on a Fairmount park loop but then decided against it. These longer runs have become much more routine as of late but I still think 9 miles is a little to much a few days out from a half marathon. I opted for 5 miles at a moderate pace close to home.

Suddenly very warm weather has moved into the Philly area. Last night at 6:00 when I headed out for my run it was 60 degrees and a little bit humid. It was great to walk out the door in shorts and shortsleeves without a chill. I went out on what I call the Domino Diner loop which consists of weaving through Manayunk until I gut to Umbria street. Follow Umbria to the Domino Diner and then do everything in reverse. It's just over 5 miles and usually contains a few hills, nothing to difficult but not to easy either. Today it was 5.2 miles in 38 minutes for exactly a 7:30 pace. It felt good.

No comments: