Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I wasn't feeling to well yesterday. My legs were still fairly sore from the race and I have come down with a cold but sometimes a run is the best thing for these problems. So I joined the Tuesday night group for the run up and down Kelly drive. There was a good crowd for a blustery March night, and group of us quickly fell into an 8 minute pace on our way out to the 2.5 mile turn around. The wind that was fighting us on the way out was now at our backs and the pace picked up lead by E. Mike. 5 miles in 38:40, just the pcae I was looking for as a recovery run.

Today is my year anniversary with the Philly Runners. Joining was definitely the best thing I have done for my running since I started. Hopefully, like last spring, the Tuesday nights runs will take a turn to some speed with everybody dueling each other to the finish on the way back to the Art Museum.

1 comment:

ian said...

Amen. Can't wait for some of them 5 mile duels. Maybe next week? Gotta get Steve Jesus and The Hammer back in it.