Monday, March 20, 2006

A Weekend in the Park

Yesterday, for the third day in a row, I went for a trail run the Wissahickon. I was with a friend who has never been in the park and it was nice to show off one of best places to run in the city. We took out time over about 7.5 miles of trail in 64 minutes.

The highlight of the run was seeing Garrett Dutton, the man who puts the G in the group G. Love and Special sauce. A group from Philly that has a funky, bluesy, rap sound. We were headed across the creek and I saw a couple guys with some children on the bridge. As soon as I saw him I thougt "Is that G.Love?". I at first dismissed it as impossible but then had some second thoughts. He mentions a house in one of his songs "6525 Parkline Drive" which I have spotted on my commute to work. I realized that the house, which borders the park, is situated at an entrance right near this bridge. I didn't actually say anything to him but the more I ran and thought about it the more sure I am that it was him. I have been a fan of the group for years so it was pretty cool spotting him on a run.

I finished with 33 miles for the week. Not to bad considering it was a recovery week from the C-R. Hopefully I can add more miles and some speed to my routine this week.

No comments: