Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Surprisingly Fast

Except for a couple races this year most of my runs have been run at a relatively moderate pace of 7:45-8:15. I have been holding back a bit and just enjoying the easy miles with the PR group and by myself. Last night my legs were feeling very fresh and I thought I might just pick up the pace a bit.

I headed out the door with no real route in mind just knowing I wanted to run over 6 miles. I headed down the block over Manayunk Ave, hopped on Terrace St and headed up the hill, left on Pechin and around Roxborough highschool, and cut through Gorgas park onto Ridge Avenue. I then wound my way down to Henry Avenue and ended up at Philadelphia University running around the camput a bit. I ran down School House Lane to Ridge and then back to my house.

I really enjoyed the run. For some reason I have a lot more fun when I don't have any route planned and I just go where the mood strikes me. I ended up with just over 7 miles at a 7:03 pace, much fast than I had expected. It felt more like 7:30's to me so I guess that is a good sign.

1 comment:

ian said...

Damn good sign...
Thanks for the words of encouragement over on my blog, John. Really provides some perspective.