Monday, March 27, 2006

Happy Trails

As planned I went out for a long trail run yesterday afternoon. I enetered the park at the top of my block and followed the upper trails to Valley Green Restaurant. I ran the uphills hard and the descents as fast as I could handle. I even managed to pass a few mountain bikers just before I reached my turn around. I do have an advantage over bikers on the uphills but they should be able to kick my ass on the downhills and flats.

I crossed the creek and headed back on the opposite side. I again stuck to the higher, hillier trails and pushed myself the entire way. It's very hard to judge pace and distance on the trails so I am not postive of my distance or pace. However, I am positive that it was a great workout and I am looking forward to a summer with a lot of runs through the park.

This run puts me at 42 miles for the week, my longest week yet this year. Also, at the end of March last year I was at 279.8 miles. I am already at 384 miles this year with 5 days left to go, I should easily break 400

No comments: