Friday, March 02, 2007

After a couple fairly hard days in a row it was time to go out for an easy one last night. I wanted to stay away from flat boring existence that the River Drives turn into during marathon training so I went out on a Roxborough Loop. This route has gone from an exploration of the area's neighborhoods to a routine loop over the last year.

I kept the pace easy and relaxed, my legs felt kinda beat up, especially my left ankle. The area in front of my ankle bone on the outside of my leg has been a little tender over the past couple days and it showed up on this run. Nothing bad just nagging and reminding me to take it easy with each step. I'll take another easy one tonight, especially if it still feels that way.

Turned things around at summit and Ridge and made my way back. I passed a large group of runners heading the opposite direction on the other side of the street. I couldn't really make out any faces but I heard a "Hey John". I'm not sure if it was the Wissahickon Wanderers avoiding the slushy mess that must be in the park or perhaps Raymond running with another group that I don't know of. He lives up in that area somewhere.

I felt good by the end of the run, and almost opted for a few more miles but I'll save that for over the weekend if things feel good. 8.2 miles in 60 minutes.

No comments: