Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm always a little apprehensive of running to much mileage the week after the race but after an easy 9 miles on Monday night my legs felt pretty good so I stuck with the planned 8 on Tuesday. As usual I got down to the group run a little early to put in 3 miles. There was a bit of a buzz pre-run form the 60 degree weather and the half-marathon on Sunday.

Had plans to keep things easy and I stuck to that for the most part. Mostly mid to low 7 pace with a couple miles sneaking in under 7:00. I ran with Scott, a very experienced runner that I have mentioned before in this blog. I like to hit him with questions to try and learn from some of his experience. Didn't dig up any good nuggets on Tuesday night but I'll keep trying. A conservative 7.5 miles in 56 minutes.

Wednesday night has been my mid-week long run so far in marathon training but instead of the normal 13-15 miles I scaled back a little a set out for 10. A loop up through Fairmount Park that hits some long hills. Felt great most of the way and tacked on an extra 1/2 mile loop while I was out there. The weather was great, maybe even a little to warm, in the upper 70's. I finished strong going down the Bloody Nipple Hill and home. 10.6 miles in 76 minutes.

For the first time I can remember in training I got a decent blister on my foot during last nights run. I developed it during the half-marathon over the weekend and had forgot about it until 7 miles into the run last night. Nothing horrible but it is still with me today. I don't have any experience in dealing with a blister, any tips on how to keep it from getting worse?

No comments: