Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Per my routine in marathon training, I got down to the group run early and put in three miles beforehand. My legs were still stiff from the runs over the weekend and for the first time in this round of marathon training I really felt like I had gotten myself to the edge of injury. My achilles had a pinchy feel to them and I kept things real slow trying to get them warmed up. I was glad I had taken a day off on Monday and that the week ahead was going to be a taper.

Things were feeling better when I met with the group and we started off at a fairly easy pace up Kelly Drive. Bike Mike, Craig, Chem Steve and I formed a little group, I had no intention of pushing the pace and luckily nobody else did either. We eventually got passed by Stevus and Chris but nobody took the bait and they pulled ahead.

Things got a little brisker by the end but never below 7:00 pace. 8 miles in 60 minutes.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Take care of yourself John, the taper is for sailing through, not limping through. I'm hoping things come around with the reduction of volume before race day. Good luck.