Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Mileage Diet..

...eat as much as you want and stil lose weight

I was told I am looking to lean by Heather last night, that means I must be getting in good shape. It's the same thing when my mother tells me I am looking to thin, I have put in enough miles to start looking like I need several good spaghetti dinners. Also, is "lean" just a nice way of saying I look emaciated, frail, like I could be blown over by a stiff wind? Maybe, but oh well it just comes with the territory.

Heather was right though after initially not dropping any weight in training, the pounds have been dropping a little over the past few weeks. Believe me I am using all my powers of mastication to avoid dropping weight but it is a losing battle. I go through granola bars, apples, oranges, clementines, pretzels and chips all at my desk. My meals at the cafeteria which were about $4-5 while not training jump to $7-8 during training. Thank god I love to eat. Being a few pounds lighter means that I have to push off that much less with every step, making me more efficient, it's not really a bad thing, to a point.

So I got home from work last night slightly hungry but I knew I had to put in about 14 miles so out the door I went. I ran repeat of a loop through Chestnut hill from a few weeks ago. At the same point in the run, about 5 miles in, I really got into a groove and picked up the pace. I charged the hills on the remainder of the run and although my legs were sore they were in good enough working.

At mile 12, just as I began feeling like I could keep this up until about 2 am my body started coming back to earth and fatigue set in. No problem, a couple miles to go, mostly on a steep hill down Shurs Lane made the last couple pretty easy.

14.3 miles in 1:44. Again another great run.

No comments: