Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Then I Got High

I headed back to the river drives for my run last night only because I knew the path was clear and I really didn't feel like dodging piles of snow and traffic on the roads. I Parked in the same exact spot as I did for my run on Sunday and set off on the same exact course.

My legs felt great from the start. I felt like I had some kind of energy buzzing around inside me that was coming out through my legs. I didn't want to push the pace to much because of the 18 miles yesterday but I hit a couple miles under 7:00 on my way to the Art Museum. When I got there I did 3 quick trips up and down the steps and was still floating along.

Followed the path extension down to the turn around and started heading back. I couldn't believe how great I was feeling. Like a runners high from the first step that just kept on going. Kind of weird but I swear I wasn't on any mood enhancing additives.

With a about a mile left I came back to earth and started to feel a little fatigued. 8 miles in 58 minutes. Maybe this will continue through the week.

No comments: