Friday, March 23, 2007

Nice and Easy

The final week of marathon training before taper is going well. I joined up with the Thursday Nighters for 7.5 miles through Fairmount Park. Heather came out with us, which means a slower pace, but my body was happy about that. As we made our way past Memorial Hall, Heather, E-Mike and I quickly fell behind Ian, Deidre and Chem Steve but that was to be expected.

The weather was warm, the pace was easy and the conversation was good. All the ingredients needed for a relaxing recovery run. Even a light rain shower was welcomed on a 65 degree evening. Just enough to dampen our shirts and cool us off a bit as we made our way down Belmont Mansion towards Montgomery Ave and MLK Drive.

We got back to the Art Museum in about 65 minutes and due to a shorter route beat the crew that pulled ahead of us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have been patiently waiting for my Boston bib# in the mail but broke down and took a peak at the website to see if it was posted there. #3402

I am not even slightly superstitious but for a second my mind tried to draw some postive inferences from the digits. None quickly appeared but no negatives either. I'll just leave it at that.

No comments: