Friday, March 09, 2007

Extreme Taper

Due to a number of reasons, some in my control and some out of my control, taper has been more extreme than expected this week. In fact, I am only up to 13 miles for the week and it is Friday. I was hoping to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 miles before the half-marathon on Sunday but obviously that is not going to happen. (I guess I could make it happen but that wouldn't leave me in any condition to race)

I did an easy 5 with Heather on Wednesday night and I had to DNR Thursday night. The plan is 8 tonight at an easy pace with some strides just to make sure everything is in working order and wake up my legs. 4-5 miles Saturday morning and it will be time to race.

I really am looking forward to the race. It has been nearly 5 months since I got out there to see what I can do, at any distance. With the extra taper this week I am definitely not going to hold anything back.

After Sunday it will be only two more weeks of hard training before taper begins for Chicago. I can't believe how fast it has gone.

No comments: