Monday, March 26, 2007

Yesterday was a beautiful afternoon, temps in the mid-50's with no clouds. I wanted to get out out around noon for a run but I got sidetracked with cleaning my yard. What started as a small clean up project of old leaves hiding behind my trash cans turned into me, with a saw, cutting down the junk tree branches which overhang my yard from the empty lot behind my house. So 4 hours, lunch and 9 million tree branches later I finally headed out.

My legs felt better than I expected after Saturdays run but I had every intention of keeping this a recovery run. Took Forbidden Drive from my house and headed out to Valley Green. The parked was packed with people enjoying the fine weather.

I was was itching to get on some of the rougher trails on the sides of the valley but knew it might not be the best decision on a recovery run. I compromised by running a mile and half of trails that I knew were for the most part flat. It's been a long while since I went out for a long trail run in the park and the nicer weather has really piqued my interest in getting out there. After Boston I plan to spend a lot of time catching up on my trails running and biking.

I stayed on the main path after reaching Valley Green restaurant where an outdoor wedding reception was in full swing. 8 miles in 63 minutes.

No comments: