Saturday, September 23, 2006

Friday night was an easy 8 on Forbidden Drive in prep for a long run Saturday Morning. Nothing really of note. Just putting in the miles.

Saturday I met up with E- Mike, Seebo and Elizabeth for a route through Fairmount Park , East Falls, Manayunk and then over the hills of Belmont back to the museum. I expected a slow run with E-Mike when we planned it on Thursday night but things turned out a little slower than I would have liked.

It started off easy, as expected, and I hung back with e-Mike as Seebo and Elizabeth pulled ahead a bit. The weather was cloudy annd humid but fairly cool and I was warming up to the run as we wound through Fairmount Park. We crossed Strawberry Mansion Bridge and made a left onto Ridge Avenue. At this point Seebo, and Elizabeth really started to pull away, not that they were flying but Mike and I weren't moving out to quickly.

I hung back with Mike and things just never really picked up. We took it slow through Manayunk and up Belmont back to Fairmount Park. There were times when I just really wanted to get moving but the conversation was flowing and I could tell Mike was having a rough go of it so I didn't want to leave him hanging.

In any case we weaved through East Fairmount back to the Art Museum in 2hr and 28 minutes. I am undecided if the slower pace was easier or harder on my legs. Slower paces usually do less damage but the total time had to take it's toll.

I guess I will find out tomorrow morning at a 5K on the Parkway. I am filling in a for a superior runner on a team that won the grand price last year, a meal for 10 at the Four Seasons. I think our chances are slim of repeating but I am interested to see how I do.

No comments: