Monday, September 04, 2006

Saturday night I headed out with Heather down Kelly Drive to retrieve her car that was aprked on 19th and Green. I twas nice to have a destination when you start a run. We ran 6 miles through soem very light mist in 50 minutes. The only highlight was a police chase of some asshole that was flying up Kellly Drive and around the Art Museum.

The 6 miles was uneventful and slow, the way a recovery run should be. My legs felt strong.

Sunday I went out on Forbiden Drive... again. All of my routes are seeming a little to regular lately, especially Forbidden Drive, but the softer path and the shade are just to nice to stay away. I planned on about 12 at a moderate pace. The first mile was a little slow but after that I got into a groove and was hitting 7:00-7:05. A little faster than I really wanted to go but I felt good and attempts to slow down just didn't go to well so I kept it up. I decided to go to Northwestern Avenue and back. 13 miles in 93 minutes. Dead on marathon pace.

I didn't split the miles on the way home and didn't realize the pace had been this quick until I logged in my run. 13 miles at marathon pace after a 22 miler on Friday . Good stuff.

I was happy to break 60 miles for the week in just 5 days and also to hit 40 miles in one weekend(Fri-Sat-Sun) . My biggest weekend yet.

Next week I am going to pull back to about 50-55 miles for a little recovery before my final 3 week push to taper.

No comments: