Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Monday & Tuesday

I surprised myself Monday night. I went out to run as far as my legs felt good. I thought it would be about 6 miles but I got 3 miles in on the trails in the Wissahickon and I didn't want to turn around. I went down to forbidden drive and ran out to Valley Green and back home. About 8.5 miles in 68 minutes.

Tuesday night I joined the group for 5. There are so many new faces in the group and I am slowly realizing that a lot of these new faces are now regulars.

The first 2.5 miles went more quickly than I wanted at about 7:15 pace and then I started to cramp up. The type of cramps I got when I first started running and my gut felt like it was in a knot. I was wondering why but I didn't really let it bother me... maybe it was the handful of pretzels I ate before going down to the run or the fact that I really really had to pee. Just took it easy on the way back and made a pit stop at Lloyd Hall. 5 miles in 38 minutes.

No comments: