Thursday, September 07, 2006

An uneventful 10 miles out to the Art Museum and back. The weather was beautiful and I felt good so my planned 8 turned into a 9, then a 10, then a 10 with a few trips up and down the Art Museum steps. Total time 77 minutes, not including the the trips up the steps.

I wanted to go a little shorter because the Wissahickon Wanderers trail series starts up again for September this evening. I will definitely be up there tonight for the racing and the beer and food afterwords.

I am a little nervous about going all out in a race on the trails. I think a faster pace makes injury a little more likely on the rough terrain. I'll back off a bit and keep things controlled. I really don't need any type of injury after a summer of training.

1 comment:

ian said...

I'm usually of the screw-caution-bones-heal-and-chicks-dig-scars mindset, but in your case I say, yes, protect those ankles! Your training has been so impressive lately; I'd hate to see anything compromise it.

Good luck out there.