Saturday, September 16, 2006

Two runs Friday and Saturday to rest up a bit for the Philly Half-Marathon tomorrow.

3 miles on Forbidden Drive running and then three miiles back walking. No particular reason to walk excpet that Heather and I just felt like it. My legs were a little zapped and walking home seemed very appeailing when she mentioned it.

Today was 5 miles on the trails. Short easy trail runs always seem to loosen my legs up and get rid of any lingering achiness in my ankles. Hopefully it worked today.

I am now headed off to join a bunch of other Philly runners for a little carb loading at Andy's house. He has promised carb-loading with some latino flare, I am looking forward to it.

Tomorrow will be an easy 7 miles to the start of the race and then 13.1 miles at marathon pace. I have been roughly approximating this on several of my longs runs already but for some reason I am a little more nervous for an actual race. I guess it is a better prep for marathon day.

No comments: