Monday, September 11, 2006

Sunday was a planned day off to watch football and recover from Saturday's long run. My calves were a little crampy all day and threatened to charlie horse several times before I could change position and loosen them up.

Looking back I shouldn't have run the long run that hard. I had planned on a easier long run but the pace just kind of happened on it's own so I went with it.

Anyhow, today my legs were still tight and cramping although I felt fine running. 6 miles on Forbidden Drive in 47 minutes. Nice and easy.

I have a 5K at the Malvern Corporate Center tomorrow night. I ran this race last year, finished 9th overall and 3rd in my age group in 19 flat. Not the best time but the course is hilly and finishes on a 1/4 mile uphill. I was hoping to really race it and try and beat last years time but I'll have to see how the legs feel.

On a good note with tonights run I broke 1500 miles for the year and also topped my total mileage for all of last year with 3 months to spare.

1 comment:

seebo said...

John,

See if you can pinpoint why your calves are cramping up. Dehydration is a common culprit. If you can address and prep for it based on this run, it may save you grief on race day.

As a Monday morning running back, I dont think your long run was done too fast at all.