Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Monday & Tuesday

Monday was 10 out to the Art Museum and back. I wanted to take it slow and I am tired of looking at my watch so I started the stopwatch and didn't look at it for the rest of the run.

My lower left leg was very tight in the beginning of the run and I stopped a few times to stretch it out. Things eventually loosened up and the way home was a bit faster than the way out. 10 miles in 81 minutes.

Tuesday I put in 5.5 miles before the group run. Up over Lemon Hill, Girard, 34th to Spruce and then across the South Street Bridge and back to the Art Museum. My leg was again tight at first but loosened up more quickly and I felt fine most of the way.

I ran with Jenn and a new guy Travis from the group. Surprisingly the pace dropped down to about 7:00 flat and it didn't slow down. It turns out that the new guy is also running the Chicago Marathon and he has a a goal time about the same as mine.

After the group run I went out for another exciting 4 miles on the Kelly Drive to put me at 14.5 miles in 1hr 46 minutes. Much faster overall than I really anticipated and things felt good.

Tonight is a 5K at Villanova that a bunch of people from my work are going to run. I have promised myself not to race it. I think I'll shoot for 6:30's and take it easy.

No comments: