Thursday, February 22, 2007

I ducked out of work about a half-hour early yesterday evening, the sunny 50 degree weather was just begging for me to join it. As soon as I got home I donned my running apparel and got back out the door in about 5 minutes.

I had a 12 mile route planned through Fairmount Park hitting the usual hills and streets that would eventually dump me on Kelly Drive and back up to my house. The weather was all I hoped it would be and most of my run was completed in the daylight, a first for this year. I kept things at about 7:30 pace which was plenty fast for my tired legs. A little over 12 miles in 1:31.

Having a long run on Monday is really piling up the miles early this week and last night put me over 40. This leaves me 4 days to see how much more I can get in. I have a swim planned on Friday night but the chance of breaking 80 miles for the week might warrant a run. 8-10 tonight, 6 on Friday, 16 on Saturday, and 9 on Sunday including the Ugly Mudder trail run. It doesn't sound to bad right now but I'll see what my legs have to say about it tonight.

No comments: