Friday, February 02, 2007

Went out with an expanded Thursday night crew yesterday evening. E-mike was back, along with Jerry who is often out on Tuesday nights and Steve K who is back after a soccer injury to his calf. Heather joined us too, after some coaxing and promises that we wouldn't go to fast.

8 miles through the park at an easy pace. The pack was really spread out due to a big difference in peoples pace and I hung back with Heather for most of the way. With about 3/4 mile left to go on MLK I could see Alex and Jerry ahead and even further out Ian and Steve. I was itching to try and catch everybody for a little speed at the end of a slow workout, so I took off. Nobody was really running to quickly and I reeled everybody and then just about sprinted up to the Art Museum for 8 miles in 63 minutes.

I took a mental health day from work today and worked my little cold that sounded much worse than it actually was on Thursday at work, into a Friday off. For the most part I tried not to be lazy and got stuff done around the house and errands done around town.

I also got out for a fairly long run through Fairmount Park. I didn't want to make it another easy run but I wasn't really sure how I was going to feel so I took off at a relaxed pace and let the run follow the way I was feeling.

My house to the Bloody Nipple which I took at a pace that left me panting heavily at the top. When I got to Chamonioux I ran the length from Ford Road to Belmont Mansion at about 6:10 pace. I took a moderately easy pace over St. Georges and down Lansdowne to the Girard Bridge. My pace steadily increased as went through East Fairmount Park and I was really cruising as I headed down Ridge Avenue towards East Falls. The final two miles were probably around 6:40 pace. 11 miles in 78 minutes.

A little over marathon pace for 11 miles. A great run and surprisingly my legs feel good afterwards. Depending on how this weekend goes this could turn into one of my best weeks of running. Not that I had any single workout that was incredible but I have been piling up some longer runs and my legs feel great. We'll see how the weekend goes, don't want to get to far ahead of myself.

No comments: