Friday, February 16, 2007

I got down to the Thursday night run early and put in 5 miles. Looking at the temps I am always expecting to freeze my ass off but if your dressed correctly you feel great. With the exception of some snow and ice, training for a winter marathon isn't that bad. In fact, I think I prefer it over fall marathon traning. Had it been a year where we got 3-4 major snowstorms I might be singing a different tune but it isn't.

After 5 miles I met up with Ian and his friend who had just borrowed a sled from one of the kids on the Art Museum steps. He was flying down the steps, catching air at several spots and I was waiting for a horrific crash at the bottom but he came away just fine. E-Mike, and Steve-K were also there for 9 miles through the park.

Things started easy and picked up along the way, never to fast but enough to get me huffing a puffing a little. 14 miles in 1hr 44min. These 14 miles runs are nearly feeling routine.

No comments: