Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Last night was another frigid Tuesday night run with the group. A similar cast of characters went out quickly with the addition of Craig. Craig and I were shooting for 6:25 pace and I think everybody else was along for the ride. Things have sped up at the gropup runs lately. We had 6 guys cruisng along at 6:30 pace or better.

We came through the first mile in 6:23, second in 6:25 and I was feeling good. third in 6:22 and I was dragging, fourth in 6:22 and I was feeling better again. We picked up the pace on the last mile for a 6:07.

It was great to evenly split the miles, we nailed our pace the entire way and still had some gas left in the tank to pick it up over the last mile. Any doubts I had about Craig's training leading up to Boston were blown away last night. I think he finished these miles in a little btter shape than I was.

This is my 5th tempo run in as many weeks and it is the most consistent I have been with speed work in any of my traning. Usually these workout come sporadically based on how I am feeling, this time I am making a point of getting the workouts in. However, I do think it is time to throw in a little time on the track to sharpen things up and see if I have improved since my trips there in December.

No comments: